Thursday, July 4, 2013

Audio Book : The 43 Antarean Dynasties



Read by Steven Burley and Gregg Taylor
Download Book  ( save on right click ) 

The 43 Antarean Dynasties

"The 43 Antarean Dynasties" is a science fiction short story published in 1997 by Mike Resnick. It won the 1998 Hugo Award for Best Short Story.The story itself can be considered as a science fictional spin on the study of postcolonialism.




summary


A man, a woman, and a child emerge from the Temple of the Honored Sun. The woman holds a camera to her eye, capturing the same image from a dozen unimaginative angles. The child, his lip sparsely covered with hair that is supposed to imply maturity, never sees beyond the game he is playing on his pocket computer. The man looks around to make sure no one is watching him, grinds out a smokeless cigar beneath his heel, and then increases his pace until he joins them.

They approach me, and I will myself to become one with my surroundings, to insinuate myself into the marble walls and stone walkways before they can speak to me.

I am invisible. You cannot see me. You will pass me by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by VN Bloggers - Blogger Themes